Both Twitter and discord are popular social media platforms. Twitter which is now known as X has an abundance of information on various interesting topics. Users use X to express their opinions and views on different topics and for that they may need to cite different sources from time to time, which also includes citing sources from discord but now this process of embedding tweets in discord has undergone changes which makes it a common question for users as they wonder how they can embed X tweets in discord.
So, how do we Embed X Tweets in Discord ?
In this article, we will explore different ways to embed X tweets in discord and how to fix this issue in case you are unable to do it. So let’s get started.
Ways to Embed X Tweets in Discord
- Insert the direct link: This is the easiest way to embed X tweets in discord. All you have to do is copy the URL of the tweet and paste it on your discord chat. This method won’t allow you to see fancy embeds but it will do the job by giving the context and allow your discord friends to click on the link and view the chat.
- Take the screenshot shortcut: If you don’t want to go through the hassle of embedding a embed X tweets in discord either because you are unable to do it or because you like to keep things simple, then simply take the screenshot of the chat and send it to your discord server. This method is a creative solution for a complicated problem.
- Use a third party fixers: There are third party proxies like fixvx and Fixup X etc. it can seem daunting at first and so we have provided an example later on to make this process much simpler. This is really a great method as it will direct the person who clicks on this link to the right URL of X/Twitter. It is important for you to note here that using vxtwitter as the domain name will allow you to place the media files side by side which looks more organised but other proxies will also get the work done.
Let us take the example of X link format:
Now if you want to embed this link to discord then all you have to do is use fixupx or fxtwitter as the domain name
which means, you have to rewrite the above given link as this:
Similarly, you can use vxTwitter/fixvx by changing the domain name to “vxtwitter” or “fixvx,”:
Make sure that you have turned embeds on in discord:
Wondering why you still can’t view embeds? Turn it on by following the steps given below:
- Login to discord with your username and password.
- Go on settings by clicking on your avatar at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the text & images section.
- Go on the option that says “show embeds and link preview website links pasted into chat”.
Here’s a simple guide to embed X tweets in discord:
Find the tweet you wish to embed: This is a no brainer step, all you have to do is go on the tweet that you found insightful or intriguing enough to share or cite in discord.
Copy and paste the link of tweet: If you are on desktop then the link of the tweet will be visible in the topmost left of your screen and if you are on your smartphone then go on the three dots at your topmost right and click on copy link and then after copying this link, it will get copied to your clipboard so you can easily paste it on your discord server.
Paste it on discord: Simply go on the discord server and the specific discord channel. Just paste the link on the text box which says “#Message #channel-name”. It’s quite simple to paste the text on the desktop, all you have to do is press CTRL + V.
Change the domain name in the link: As mentioned earlier in the article, to embed the tweet in discord, you may need to rewrite the domain name as fx or vx. This will automatically generate a preview of the embedded tweet in discord.
Bonus tip: one more easy way to ensure that your tweet gets embedded in discord is to enter a simple URL link which essentially means that enter a simple Twitter link which doesn’t include any additional information ( also known as parameter) as that makes your link more difficult for discord to identify.
Instead of this https://www.twitter.com/username/status/link?ref_src=13bg27$bd8
Due to the changes that Twitter ( now X) has undergone, the process of embedding tweets in discord has become more complicated for users than it was before. In order to make this process easier for discord users, we mentioned simple solutions such as simplifying your URL link, changing the domain name of your link or going for an easy yet effective method of inserting screenshots in your discord channels. These methods will enable you to have more engaging conversations with your friends on discord.
Moreover, we also recommend that you check your settings on discord and turn on “show embeds and link preview website links pasted into chat”. By following all of the tips and steps we have mentioned in this article, we hope that you will be able to embed tweets in discord without any difficulty.