If you are looking for how to make bootable pendrive? Or Having trouble while making your USB pendrive bootable. I have the easiest way to make your pen drive bootable in just some couple of minutes.
You can use the pen drive in installing Windows on your Computer. Every day many people try to make bootable pen drive but not get success.
There may be cases where you will need to learn how to bypass activation lock on iOS. These are some common problems when running iOS.
You have commonly listened to make your pen drive bootable by using your command prompt. But actually, it is tough to make your pen drive bootable using command prompt especially when you’re a beginner. Every user is not handy with the use of command prompt because it is difficult to know that your command has worked or not.
So, today I am going to tell you the easiest ways to how to make bootable USB pendrive.
But before going further, you must ensure that you must have Windows iso file and a minimum 4GB storage pen drive. Check out some of the Best Bootable USB Maker Software for Windows and Mac.
I will show you how to make your pendrive bootable with or without using any booting software. So let’s start with how to make bootable pendrive without using any software or using the command prompt.
How to Make Bootable Pendrive (3 Methods)
Using Windows CMD Manager
How to make bootable USB pendrive using windows cmd manager without using any downloaded software?
1. Insert a USB pendrive into your system.
2. Now open Command Prompt. You must have to open CMD as administrator, just right click on CMD icon and click open as administrator.
3. After opening CMD, write this command over there disk part click enter.
4. Now it will show you some info of your PC. Now you have to write another command there list disk and enter.
5. Now it will show you, your connected drives. Then type your next command select disk @ where @ will be your disk name/number.
6. Now type your next command create partition primary it will create a partition on your pen drive also it is the essential step of the process.
7. It means you can able to select your new partition. Now type next command select partition 1 hit enter.
8. Now you will see the active status now type another command active and hit enter. With this command, it will activate the partition.
9. Now everything is good to format your USB pen drive. Then type another command format fs=32 and hit enter. Now you can able to see the progress in percentage.
10. Type the command assign and hit enter, the type exit for ending disk management program.
11. The last step is that you have to copy all windows ISO files to your USB pen drive. Now you’re all set to install your windows files.
Now I will tell you how to make bootable pendrive with using software, and it is the easiest way to make bootable pendrive.
Using the Universal USB Installer
How to make bootable pendrive using Universal USB Installer for any Operating System on Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10?
1. First of all click on Download and download 1 MB size Universal USB installer tool.
2. Now open the downloaded file Universal USB Installer.exe Click on I Agree. It will look something like this…
3. Insert your pendrive into your USB port. Now select any Operating System from the list you which you want to make bootable USB Pendrive.
4. Now browse for the iso file of the windows select it.
5. Now choose your pendrive to Select the drive letter of your USB option.
6. Check the box ‘Show All Drives‘ and then Select your USB pendrive.
7. Now check the box ‘FAT32‘ then click on create.
8. Just wait now to get the process complete and your bootable USB pendrive is ready to use.
Using the Rufus
How to make bootable pen drive using Rufus for any Operating System on Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10?
1. Download Rufus from the official download link.
2. Install the downloaded file using Rufus installer.exe.
3. Once the step is complete, you are ready to use Rufus now.
4. Now insert the USB pendrive into your PC/Laptop.
5. Open the Rufus installer, and select the ISO file from your pc.
6. If you have UEFI pc and want to install an Operating System say windows on EFi mode then select one of the following options:
- Select partition scheme and target your system type “MBR partition for BIOS or UFI“.
- Next select file system “NTFS“.
- Once these steps are complete, select cluster size “4096 bytes” (default)
- select the quick format option
- click on create a bootable disk
- now you have to select the IOS file from your system
- create an extended label and icon file
8. This is the final step to make bootable USB using Rufus; you need to hit start it will take few minute to complete the process. After few minutes your pendrive would ready for installing the operating system on any device.
Using the PowerISO
How to make bootable pen drive using PowerISO for any Operating System on Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10?
1. Open PowerISO software on your PC.
2. Plug in the USB drive in which you want to install the Windows.
3. Select from the Menu “Tools” > “Create Bootable USB Drive“. The “Create Bootable USB drive” will open (you need to confirm the UAC dialog box first to continue if you are using Windows Vista or above operating system ).
4. Click the folder type icon button to open the iso file of the Windows OS.
5. Select the USB drive from “Destination USB Drive“.
6. Choose the proper writing method. I will recommend you to choose “USB-HDD”.
7. Click the “Start” button to start creating the bootable pendrive.
8. PowerISO will alert you that all the data in the drive will be formatted. Click “OK” to continue.
You will get the message “Writing USB drive completed successfully” after that you can use the pendrive to installing the Windows in your system.
Important – After finishing the bootable process restart the PC and select boot priority on USB drive without selecting the boot priority on your system.
All in All, from the following methods to create bootable USB pendrive, I would suggest you to go with Rufus, as its the best and far most, the most easy tool to make a bootable pendrive.
So, these are the two basic and most simple methods on how to make bootable pendrive without many efforts. So, whether you want to install Windows 7/8/8.1/10 or any other respective Operating System on your PC, do it now!
You can also read: How to transfer WhatsApp from android to iPhone.
1.Which software is best for bootable pendrive?
- UNet Booting
- DiskMaker X
2. Why do we need bootable pendrive?
A bootable pendrive allows us to boot our computer from the file system on USB drive rather than hard drive. A computer has boot sector present on the hard drive that holds information of its use. The volume boot record contains all the instructions of executing OS or other programs. If we want to boot to a pendrive and make it a bootable pendrive, then it must have volume boot record, master boot record, and an executable program.
3. How can I know my pendrive is bootable or not?
The exceptional way to check if a USB drive is bootable is to genuinely try booting your laptop from your drive, however that’s no longer feasible. The above techniques will can help you discover whether or not your USB drive is bootable
4. Can I use Rufus on android?
Rufus is not for Android however there are some options with comparable functionality. The best A alternative is DriveDroid, which is free.
5.What are the best examples of bootable device?
Examples of bootable devices are CD-ROM drive, floppy disk drive, flash drive, and DVD drive.
6. What size of pendrive bootable do I need for windows 10?
Your USB must be 8G or larger and must to have other files in it.
7. When I turn on the system it says “no bootable device”
A “No bootable device” error might additionally occur when the primary partition of your hard drive is inactive because of a few mistakes in your system. You must set it again as active to repair the issue.
8. A phone can be used as bootable pendrive?
Yes. DriveDroid is a useful software that helps you to boot your PC at once over a USB cable using any ISO or IMG document saved in your phone. You simply need your Android phone or tablet and a appropriate cable—no flash drives require.