If you are looking for how to make a bootable Pendrive? Or Having trouble while making your USB Pendrive bootable. I have the easiest way to make your pen drive bootable in just a couple of minutes.
You can use the pen drive to install Windows on your computer. Every day many people try to make bootable pen drives but do not get success.
There may be cases where you will need to learn how to bypass the activation lock on iOS. These are some common problems when running iOS.
You have commonly listened to make your pen drive bootable by using your command prompt. But actually, it is tough to make your pen drive bootable using a command prompt, especially when you’re a beginner. Every user is not handy with the command prompt because it is difficult to know whether your command has worked.
So, today I will tell you the easiest ways to make a bootable USB Pendrive.
But before going further, you must ensure that you have a Windows iso file and a minimum 4GB storage pen drive. Check out some of the Best Bootable USB Maker Software for Windows and Mac.
I will show you how to make your Pendrive bootable with or without using any booting software. So let’s start with how to make bootable Pendrive without using any software or using the command prompt.
How to Make Bootable Pendrive (3 Methods)
Using Windows CMD Manager
How to make a bootable USB Pendrive using windows cmd manager without downloading software?
1. Insert a USB Pendrive into your system.
2. Now open Command Prompt. You must open CMD as administrator, right-click on the CMD icon and click open as administrator.
3. After opening CMD, write this command over their disk part and click enter.
4. Now it will show you some info about your PC. You have to write another command on their list disk and enter it.
5. Now, it will show you your connected drives. Then type your following command and select disk @, where @ will be your disk name/number.
6. Now, type your following command create partition primary it will create a partition on your pen drive; also, it is the essential step of the process.
7. It means you can able to select your new partition. Now type the following command, and choose partition one-hit enter.
8. Now, you will see the active status. Now type another command operational and hit enter. With this command, it will activate the partition.
9. Now, everything is good to format your USB pen drive. Then type another command format fs=32 and hit enter. Now you can able to see the progress in percentage.
10. Type the command assign and hit enter, then type exit for ending the disk management program.
11. The last step is to copy all Windows ISO files to your USB pen drive. Now you’re all set to install your windows files.
Now I will tell you how to make a bootable Pendrive using software, and it is the easiest way to make a bootable Pendrive.
Using the Universal USB Installer
How to make a bootable Pendrive using Universal USB Installer for any Operating System on Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10?
1. First, click on Download and download the 1 MB size Universal USB installer tool.
2. Now open the downloaded file Universal USB Installer.exe. Click on I Agree. It will look something like this…
3. Insert your Pendrive into your USB port. Now select any Operating System from the list you want to make bootable USB Pendrive.
4. Now browse for the iso file of the windows and select it.
5. Now, choose your Pendrive to select your USB option’s drive letter.
6. Check the box ‘Show All Drives’ and select your USB Pendrive.
7. Now check the box ‘FAT32‘ and click on create.
8. wait now to complete the process, and your bootable USB Pendrive is ready to use.
Using the Rufus
How to make a bootable pen drive using Rufus for any Operating System on Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10?
1. Download Rufus from the official download link.
2. Install the downloaded file using Rufus installer.exe.
3. Once the step is complete, you are ready to use Rufus now.
4. Now, insert the USB Pendrive into your PC/Laptop.
5. Open the Rufus installer, and select the ISO file from your pc.
6. If you have a UEFI pc and want to install an Operating System, say windows, on EFI mode, then select one of the following options:
- Select partition scheme and target your system type “MBR partition for BIOS or UFI“.
- Next select file system “NTFS“.
- Once these steps are complete, select cluster size “4096 bytes” (default)
- select the quick format option
- Click on create a bootable disk
- now you have to choose the IOS file from your system
- create an extended label and icon file
8. This is the final step to making a bootable USB using Rufus; you need to hit start. It will take a few minutes to complete the process. After a few minutes, your Pendrive will be ready to install the operating system on any device.
Using the PowerISO
How to make a bootable pen drive using PowerISO for any Operating System on Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10?
1. Open PowerISO software on your PC.
2. Plug in the USB drive you want to install the Windows.
3. Select from the Menu “Tools“> “Create Bootable USB Drive“. The “Create Bootable USB drive” will open (you need to confirm the UAC dialogue box first to continue if you are using Windows Vista or above the operating system ).
4. Click the folder type icon button to open the iso file of the Windows OS.
5. Select the USB drive from “Destination USB Drive“.
6. Choose the proper writing method. I will recommend you to choose “USB-HDD”.
7. Click the “Start” button to start creating the bootable Pendrive.
8. PowerISO will alert you that all the data in the drive will be formatted. Click “OK” to continue.
You will get the message “Writing USB drive completed successfully” after that, you can use the pen drive to install the Windows in your system.
Critical – After finishing the bootable process restart the PC and select boot priority on the USB drive without selecting the boot priority on your system.
All in All, from the following methods to create a bootable USB Pendrive, I would suggest you go with Rufus, as it’s the best and far most, the most accessible tool to make a bootable Pendrive.
You can also read: How to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
1. Which software is best for bootable Pendrive?
- UNet Booting
- DiskMaker X
2. Why do we need a bootable Pendrive?
A bootable Pendrive allows us to boot our Computer from the file system on a USB drive rather than a hard drive. A computer has a boot sector on the hard drive that holds information about its use. The volume boot record contains all the instructions for executing OS or other programs. If we want to boot to a Pendrive and make it a bootable Pendrive, it must have a volume boot record, a master boot record, and an executable program.
3. How can I know if my Pendrive is bootable or not?
The exceptional way to check if a USB drive is bootable is to boot your laptop from your drive genuinely. However, that’s no longer feasible. The above techniques will help you discover whether or not your USB drive is bootable.
4. Can I use Rufus on Android?
Rufus is not for Android. However, there are some options with comparable functionality. The best A alternative is DriveDroid, which is free.
5. What are the best examples of bootable devices?
Examples of bootable devices are CD-ROM, floppy disk, flash, and DVD drives.
6. What size of Pendrive bootable do I need for windows 10?
Your USB must be 8G or larger and have other files in it.
7. When I turn on the system, it says “no bootable device.”
A “No bootable device” error might also occur when your hard drive’s primary partition is inactive because of a few mistakes in your system. You must set it again as active to repair the issue.
8. A phone can be used as a bootable Pendrive?
Yes. DriveDroid is helpful software that helps you to boot your PC at once over a USB cable using any ISO or IMG document saved in your phone. You need your Android phone or tablet and an appropriate cable—no flash drives require.
So, these are the two primary and most straightforward methods to make a bootable Pendrive without much effort. You can reach out to our service partner NSS Laptop Service Center if you have any problem creating a USB Pendrive or any issue related to a laptop or PC> So, whether you want to install Windows 7/8/8.1/10 or any other respective Operating System on your PC, do it now!