Have you ever felt your eyes heavy while staring at the computer screen for a long time? Most of them did face a similar situation. But why is the blue light that is radiated from the screen harmful to our retina? Blue light, which is a unit of the visible light spectrum, is capable of entering deep into your eyes and its progressive effect can harm your retina and not just that, it is connected to the evolution of age-related vision loss, worst of all, it leads you to the state of insomnia.
Our eyes tend to get tired and strained because of the emission of blue light that is emitted from our devices. We should know about the best blue light filter for PC to protect out eyes from bad rays. Blue light filter are a solution to this major problem. So, in this article we are covering up the best blue light filter for PC which includes Best Software and Screen Protector out there.
- Best Blue Light Filter for PC (Screen Protectors)
- Best Blue Light Filter for PC (Software)
Best Blue Light Filter for PC (Screen Protectors)
So, these were all the best Blue Screen Protector software. However, you can always rely on the Filter for PC solutions.
EYES PC 26 – 28″ Blue Light Screen Protector
EYES PC is a company that is peculiar in manufacturing products that have the ability to block and deflects blue light; including both glasses and screen protectors. The best part about this being they manufacture both blue light blocking glasses and screen protectors, therefore gives you the choice to choose between the two. Click here to buy Eyes PC now for just $64.95.
Eyespc-26A screen protector could be irksome to few because it makes it really evident and draws the attention of others while some people prefer glasses over screen protector as they find it really comfortable. By keeping in mind both the options, choose the one that best suits your requirement.
- The EYES PC 26-28” Blue Light filter for PC has been made with the sole purpose to block any blue light that is emitted by your monitor screen to protect your eyes.
- If the blue light cannot reach your eyes, then your eyes are safe from all the side effects that blue light can cause. These issues include eye irritation, insomnia and degenerative eye problems which can be fatal.
- You may get a thought that people would stop using their monitors with all of those risks involved, but no! Most people consider these problems as normal, knowing the fact that exposure to blue light is the root of the problem.
- By making the right use of a product like this, you can get rid of all these drawbacks and you can ensure that you use your monitor whenever and wherever necessary.
Anti Blue Light Screen Filter for 22 inches for Widescreen Desktop Monitor
What’s the need for a blue light filter for PC? Anser is, Scientific research provides firm proof that blue light – the light emitted by your TV, mobile phone and laptop displays – has the potential to affect your life in ways that you never even imagined. From disturbing your sleep cycle to long term chronic eye disorders, blue light does that all. Also, blue light is very important in regulating circadian rhythm — the body’s natural wakefulness and sleep cycle.
Exposure to blue light during daytime hours helps maintain a healthy circadian rhythm. But too much blue light late at night (reading a novel on a tablet computer or e-reader at bedtime, for example) can disrupt this cycle, potentially causing sleepless nights and daytime fatigue. All that happens most commonly to people who spend hours sitting in front of their monitors. If you’re such a person, then an anti-blue light filter for PC is a must for you, and our product is one of the best out there.
- This blue light filter for PCs has been designed to be used on a 22inch monitor (measured diagonally).
- Blocks out all harmful blue light.
- Protects your eyes from long term damage.
- Blocks 99% of UV light.
- All high energy rays between 380nm – 490nm are barred from reaching you.
- Protects the screen against all sorts of scratches and cracks
- Extremely easy to install.
Vizomax 23-24 inch Blue Light Filter for Computer Monitor
Vizomax is the leading manufacturer of monitor screen protectors. One out of its many products is the Vizomax blue light filter. It is a blue light filter for PC screens. What sets it apart from other products like itself is its amazing filtering capabilities. It filters out 96-99% of the harmful Ultraviolet (UV) waves emitted by the PC display.
In addition to this, the filter has been designed keeping airflow in mind, which allows the screen to remain cool during long usage hours. No matter if you’re a software developer, a video editor, an animator or just a hardcore gamer, Vizomax’s blue light filter for PC display is just for you. Conclusively, it is one of the best blue light filter for PCs. Do note that this filter is only for PC displays and laptop displays are not supported.
- Protects your screen and eyes from damage.
- Blocks 100 percent of Hazardous UV light.
- Reduces HEV Bluelight up to 99.6 percent.
- Excellent color transmittance.
- Prevents screen from scratches, cracks and other damage.
- Made out of extremely durable optical-grade acrylic.
- Excellent colors; no compromises in color representation.
- Prevents strain on the eyes.
- Easy snap on/off detachment for cleaning purposes.
- 100% transparent.
- Supports even Mac monitors.
23-24 inch VizoBlueX Anti-Blue Light Filter for Computer Monitor
If you’re one of those people who spend hours sitting in front of their computer monitor, you have to check out the 23-24 inch VizoBlueX Anti-Blue Light Filter for Computer Monitor designed by VizoBlueX. It can be undoubtedly asserted that the blue light from computer monitors is not good stuff for your eyes. It’s scientifically proven.
It messes with your sleep pattern and delivers strain on the eyes which may cause chronic disorders like Myopia, Cataract and macular degeneration. In this case, VizoBlueX proves to be a savior. It doesn’t distort or change any colors of the picture, like most of the cheap filters out there. Works extremely well with any PC monitor that fits within the specified size (23-24 inches). However, the device does NOT work with laptop displays.
- It has several layers of coating that ensure blue light reduction.
- Resistant to scratches and cracks.
- Excellent color accuracy.
- Eliminates up to 100% UV emission and up to 99.6% of blue light (380nm to 420nm).
- Blocks 60% of the entire HRV spectrum.
- 100% transparent.
- Dimensions: 21.5 X 13.0 inches.
- Supported displays: LCDs, TVs and PCs, and Mac Monitors.
- Prevents chronic injuries to the eye, eye fatigue, and soreness.
Best Blue Light Filter for PC (Software)
Therefore, highly desirable software ( basically the blue light filters) are designed for those who prefer working late nights for healthier eyes and productivity.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the best blue light filter for PC that can protect your eyes from this harmful blue light:
If you want a premium solution which will work smoothly and effortlessly, Iris is the right product for you. The free version called Iris Lite is also available which makes it stand out unlike the other products available. You can change the brightness of your window in the best possible way without flickering effect. Iris is highly popular having 1 million+ users and it has a special feature called break reminder which will remind you to relax resulting in more yield. It also has the personalized optional hardware for eye protection and care. It is basically the best Premium Blue Light Filter For PC.
- Highly popular having 1 Million+ users
- Has a special feature of Break Reminder.
- Optional Hardware kit for eye protection.
- Font Rendering is available.
- This blue light filter app download is easy.
2. Pango Bright
If you are a night person or a kind who prefers dark or very low light then Pango Bright is the one and only option for you. Even though you set your Windows brightness level to the minimum, it still seems bright in dark. In order to tackle this issue, we have some free and best option to further decrease brightness for the better care of your eyes. Pango Bright should be the ultimate choice! While working in dark, you can set Pango Bright brightness to the minimum, say 10% or 20% with a moderate brightness that will not strain your eyes while working for a long time. It’s definitely one of the Best Blue Light Filter for PC.
- Exclusively for ones who prefer to work at night or minimum brightness.
- Has a small size (EXE is 100k bytes).
- Capable of controlling the brightness of multiple monitors.
- This blue light filter for PC is available for Free.
- Definitely one of the best blue filter apps.
Redshift is another Night Mode App for Windows 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10 PC, Desktop and Laptops. It is an open source software. You can find the source code of Redshift on Github. Basically, it’s still in the process of making and is made exclusively for Linux. But if you are really comfortable using the command line on Windows, I would suggest this one for you. In addition to that, there are some windows limitations and Registry settings that have to be taken care of. Otherwise, this is one of the Best Screen Dimmer For Ubuntu/ Linux.
- Open Source, code is available on GitHub.
- Highly recommended for programmers as it is the best blue light filter for PC.
- Blue light filter for a laptop.
4. PC SunScreen
Yet another Screen Brightness Dimmer for Windows 10/ 8.1/ 8/ 7 costing around £5 which is approximately 500 bucks. It has quite a different User interface than previous tools mentioned above and it includes a clock which makes it unique best blue light filter for PC. You can adjust the size of the color filters to as per your wish. You can utilize the whole screen or just a portion of the screen. Also, You can also fix different color schemes for multiple monitors so that your eyes don’t get strained due to blue light.
- It has quite different UI, unlike others.
- Has a variety of colour schemes for multiple monitors.
- You can dim portion of the screen.
- It gradually changes the colour according to time, therefore moderate brightness at night.
- The developer of PC SunScreen blue light filter for PC is Thomson Software Solutions.
If you really admire the graceful and fluid design, then f.lux Blue Light Filter for PC should be your top-notch choice. It adjusts the brightness of your PC display as per the sunset and sunrise timings. Furthermore, it sets the colour of your display depending on the lighting of your room. f.lux is absolutely free and runs based on the donation. They have f.lux meter measures the amount of blue light that is filtered for specific devices.
- Magnificent User interface.
- Adjusts colour as per the room lighting.
- Automatically enables sunrise sunset colour filter.
- Free of cost.
- Cheap blue light filter for PC.
CareUEyes can involuntarily filter the blue light on the monitor and make the screen look affable and comfortable to the eyes so that your eyes do not get strained, and this blue light filter for PC comes with numerous other features that adjust not just color temperature but also brightness such as normal, smart, office, game and night.
It is an eye care software with blue light filter, screen dimmer, and rest timer. This software is apt for those who use their computer straight for a few hours. Using this eye care software, you get the option to activate the blue light filter to your computer screen in order to protect your eyes. You can manually adjust the display color temperature and brightness to apply the blue light filter for pc anywhere anytime as per your convenience. In addition to that, it is also available in 8 different predefined filters based on your activity log and you can apply them to your screen with just a click of a button!
- Acts as a blue light filter, screen dimmer, and rest timer.
- You can manually adjust the brightness and the color temperature as and when needed.
- It has predefined filters based on your activity log.
- Eye protection app, a free download is possible.
The light bulb is a blue light filter for PC that completely avoids the pressure on your eyes produced by staring at a computer screen when working late hours. As the day passes, it continuously adjusts the display brightness. You can see the transition of display color temperature from cold blue in the afternoon to warm yellow during the night. Its main goal is to match the color of your screen to the light sources of your surrounding environment – that is sunlight during the day and artificial light during the night. LightBulb has very little influence on performance and has a wide range of personalized options.
- A wide variety of personalized options.
- Extracts sunrise and sunset times from the Internet and set them accordingly.
- Smooth temperature transformation for large changes.
- Stops when a fullscreen application or game is in the foreground.
- Adjustable global hotkeys.
- Has very less impact on performance.
These are some of the handpicked blue light filters for PC which not just reduces the blue light effect but also reduces the maximum brightness to moderate one to protect your eyes and prevent degenerative eye problems. If you’re constantly browsing Instagram feeds(like me!), or coding or doing any kind of work in dark these apps are definitely going to help your eyes and trust me, you won’t have insomniac nights!
NOTE – Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.