Music streaming has become a very large business in the past few years. With smartphone manufacturers removing the feature of SD cards and also with the limited storage available in the devices, people are leaning towards streaming music rather than downloading it.
The network providers (read Jio) are also pushing boundaries to make high-speed data available to the consumers every day at substantially low prices, thus adding to the cause.
There has been an usher of music streaming apps in the last few years. Gaana, Saavn, Wynk Music and even some international streaming companies like Soundcloud are investing heavily to popularise their apps and services in India.
Spotify, on the other hand, is absent from the Indian music streaming scene. Spotify is undeniably world’s largest and biggest music streaming service provider.
Also Check – How to Root Redmi Note 4
It has the largest number of songs and even podcasts. It serves to a very large audience as it has millions of songs in different languages.
Despite the existence of iTunes with it, a site on which major international artist release their songs on, Spotify has thrived and has been on the top since forever.
The absence of Spotify in India is sad, but in this article, we’re going to show you how to use Spotify in India with some few tricks.
But before we do that it is important to give you an insight into What is a VPN?
VPN that is Virtual Private Network extends a private network to a public network and allows users to receive and send data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network. It is a much secure way to browse the internet or work on it as it keeps your location ambiguous which makes it harder to trace.
So now let us start with the process to install and use Spotify in India to work on your device.
Steps to use Spotify for Android :
1. Since Spotify is not officially available to download in India.
So, if you will try to search it in the Google Play Store, either you will not see the official app, or when you finally reach the official app. It will display a message that this app is not available in your country.
So you will have to download the apk of the app from the here. Before you install the app must check that you’ve select the install apps from unknown device option from your phone settings.
2. Once you’ve downloaded the app, install it.
3. Now go to the Google Play Store and search for Hola VPN. Download it and install it.
4. Open the Hola VPN, and in the top search bar, you will see the flag of United States showing. If it shows the flag of another country, tap it and select the United States.
5. Now select the Spotify app from the list in the Hola VPN app and tap on open.
6. The Hola VPN will run in the background, and it will open Spotify.
7. Log in to the Spotify app with your email id. Avoid using social media accounts as it may take its location.
Voila! You can now use Spotify in India without any problem.
Steps to use Spotify for iPhone :
1. First of all, go to the App store and change your location from India to the United States.
2. Now download the Spotify app from the play store. Do not open the app.
3. Search for TunnelBear Free Access VPN app and install it.
4. Open TunnelBear VPN app, connect to the VPN server and select the United States as your location.
5. Open the Spotify app, login in with your email id. Avoid using social media accounts as it may take its location.
You’re now to free to use Spotify in India on your iPhone.
Steps to use Spotify for Windows :
1. Download Google Chrome if you don’t already have it.
2. Go to the extensions in Chrome and download the Hotspot Shield VPN Free Proxy and install it.
3. Now open the Hotspot Shield VPN Free Proxy extension and click on the power button to turn on the VPN. It will automatically select a Country where you can play Spotify.
4. Head over to the Spotify website and create an account.
5. Don’t log in with your social media accounts as it may take its location so better use your email id.
6. Now download the desktop client of Spotify and install it.
7. Log in to the desktop client with your username/email-id and password.
Now rock some tunes on your Spotify desktop client and enjoy.
Last Words :
These are the simplest methods to play Spotify music on your devices, without rooting or messing up your warranty. However, if you still having any difficulty to play Spotify music on your device you can ask your query freely in the comment box.