These days taking screenshots is so common and useful for people and in this article, we will tell you how to take a Screenshot on HP PC or HP laptop.
Tablets, computers, printers and laptops; HP are strong in their ability to command a full range of products, rather than rely on one best-seller. HP is one of the leading brands in terms of Laptops and Printers. The laptops, especially, have a lot of features which help people in having an easy lives these days when Laptops are such a necessary.
Screen grabs, screen caps, screenshots – whatever you want to call them, this unique operation allows you to capture an image of your computer desktop.
Screenshotting comes in handy at work when you want to show coworkers web page edits, or when Skype-calling during the holidays and you want to snap a pic of your family from across the country. Being able to grab those moments directly from your screen and save them as image files is one of the game-changers of the modern computer age.
HP PC’s and HP laptops have software preinstalled in the computer called HP capture that allows you to take a screenshot, it can be used on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 operating systems. Basically taking a screenshot using hp pc or HP laptop is very easy all you need to do is press some keys. In addition, if you want to know how to take a screenshot on hp laptop or HP pc you can also use android apps to do so.
As one of the world’s industry leaders in computer manufacturing, HP continues to make giant leaps and strides toward optimising computer convenience. We’ll walk you through the many ways you can capture an image of your desktop, from pressing a few keyboard buttons to employing screen casting software.
Before we tell you different ways of how to take a Screenshot on HP, first let us tell you the importance of screenshots in our lives.
Importance of Screenshots
1. Sometimes taking a screen image is very essential for people. As an example — for business purposes, or if you are a blogger, You Tuber, students, etc. You have to click on an image to send it to someone immediately.
2. For sending a location image to someone or your friend you can capture your screen and send it.
3. If you are facing any trouble to download any image and you don’t have any other options at that time you can take a simple screenshot on your laptop or computer screen and save the image in your folder easily.
4. This may be the most obvious one but still there are some PC users who don’t know how to take a screenshot on their computer; you can simply write it in your text document, PowerPoint slides, or wherever you want to put it.
There are a lot of different ways of how to take a Screenshot on HP and we will tell you the most efficient ways to do so. So let’s dive into the process.
1. How to Take a Screenshot on HP pc or HP laptop– Full Screen
The easiest way to take a screenshot on HP laptop or HP PC is when you do it for a full screen and then you can edit it manually. To do so follow the given steps,
- Press the Windows key and Print Screen at the same time to capture the entire screen. Your screen will dim for a moment to indicate a successful snapshot.
- Open an image editing program (Microsoft Paint, GIMP, Photoshop, and PaintShop Pro will all work).
- Open a new image and press CTRL + V to paste the screenshot. You can also right-click and press Paste.
- Save the file as a JPG or PNG and place it into an easily accessible folder for quick sharing.
If you’re on Windows 8/10, there’s a simpler method:
- Press the Windows logo or Win key and the Print Screen or PrtScn key on your keyboard at the same time. (Your screen will dim for a moment.)
- Open File Explorer (press the Windows logo key and E on your keyboard at the same time), then go to, This PC > Pictures > Screenshots and you’ll find the screenshot you’ve taken there.
2. How to Take a Screenshot on HP pc or HP laptop– Partial Screen
When you don’t want to take a screenshot of your entire screen, but rather a portion of your screen, using Snip & Sketch makes selective screenshotting easier than ever.
- Press the Windows key + Shift + S at the same time. Your screen will fade to a white overlay and your cursor will change from a pointed cursor to a cross hair cursor.
- Select the portion of your screen that you wish to grab. The snippet will disappear from your screen and copy onto your computer’s clipboard.
- Open an image editing program.
- Open a new image and tap CTRL + V to paste the screenshot.
- Save the screenshot as a JPG or PNG file and place it into an easy access folder.
3. How to Take a Screenshot on HP- Active Window
To take a screenshot of an active window (the window currently in use) on your HP computer:
- Press the Alt key and the Print Screen or PrtScn key on your keyboard at the same time.
This will capture the active window on your system and save it to the clipboard.
- Open an image editor (like the Paint app or Photoshop), then paste the screenshot to it.
- Edit the screenshot with the editor as you want, then save the image on your computer.
4. How to Take a Screenshot on HP- Snipping Tool
If you want to take a custom screenshot, that is screenshot of some specific part of your screen, you can use this tool called Snipping Tool.
Whether your laptop operates on Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10, the snipping tool is an excellent integrated feature that allows you to select any-size portions of your screen for instant grabbing.
Since all Windows desktop computers come equipped with the snipping tool, the application lives within your start menu. Once accessed, these steps will lead you through a seamless 3-step screenshotting process.
- Within the snipping tool application, press “New” or CTRL + N to create a new snip.
- Using the crosshair cursor, drag the cursor to make a rectangular outline of the desired area.
- Within the snipping tool toolbar, press the disk icon to save the screenshot as a PNG or JPEG file.
The snipping tool comes with a number of added perks that allow you to switch modes. In addition to the standard rectangular snip, you can snip in three other ways.
- Free-form snip allows you to capture in any shape or form. Circles, ovals, or figure 8’s are easily captured with the free-form mode.
- Window snip takes a screenshot of your active window with one easy click.
- Full-screen snip captures an entire display. This is especially handy for dual monitor display users who want to screenshot both screens at once.
Snipping tool also features a pen and highlighter option that allows you to draw on your screenshot to make annotations and point-outs clear and easy.
5. How to Take a Screenshot on HP- Snagit
Snagit offers an easy-to-use interface and a number of added features that make screenshotting a breeze.
From capturing screenshots to resizing and editing them, Snagit also supports video grabbing that can record a scrolling screen. These steps will ensure you’re screen grabbing with efficiency.
- Once downloaded, open the Snagit
- At the top of your screen, press the red circle button to access the screenshot camera.
- Select the camera icon for a screenshotted image or the recorder icon for a screenshotted video.
- Select the portion of the screen you wish to snap.
- Your desktop image will appear in the Snagit application. You can edit, annotate, resize, copy, and save the clipped image from there.
Also Read: How to Install an SSD in PC and Laptop
These are some of the best and most efficient ways of how to take a screenshot on HP. Sometimes you may experience an issue when taking screenshots — you can’t capture anything, or the screenshot you’ve taken is black or twisted.
Most likely you’ll need to update your drivers — and we can help with that. HP has a website where you can download the latest upgrade for your computer.
So these were some of the most common scenarios where people take screenshots and how they use them, hopefully, this article was helpful to all our readers regarding how to take a screenshot on HP pc or HP laptop.
Hope this helps!
We will also discuss some other options so stay tuned for our upcoming articles and don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family. Till then – BYE !!