In addition to the natural ageing of Android phone batteries, our bad charging habits will also accelerate or cause Why is Phone Slow Charging of Android phones. For this issue, this article is about to tell you that you can have a try.
I. What the Problem causes to Why is Phone Slow Charging
- The use of a non-original charger, data cable, or damaged charger, data cable will lead to slow charging.
- The suitable charging temperature for phones is 16°-35°. Due to the characteristics of lithium batteries “afraid of heat and cold”, the charging speed will be reduced when charging outside this temperature range.
- When the phone is being used while charging or there are high power consumption applications running in the background, the charging current would be reduced and the charging speed will be slower. Besides, the phone temperature rises when the phone is in use. The charging speed also slows down further due to the phone’s protection mechanism.
- Other factors such as the phone wearing a case, foreign objects in the charging port, and the charging port not being fully inserted can also affect the phone’s charging speed.
Read Article: How To Delete A Gmail Account From Your Phone?
II. What Solution to Why is Phone Slow Charging
- Please use the original charger and data cable to charge the phone.
- Please charge the phone at a suitable temperature (16℃~35℃).
- It is recommended that you do not charge your phone while using it. If the charging is slow when the screen is off, please clear the background apps or restart the phone.
- The following factors may also cause the slow charging, please troubleshoot according to the actual situation.
- If your phone is wearing a phone case, it is recommended that you remove the phone case when charging. The phone case will affect the heat dissipation of the phone, causing the phone to heat up and the charging speed will be slower.
- Check whether the charging port is dirty and whether the foreign matter is there or not. If there is a foreign matter, it is recommended that you clean the charging port with a soft cloth or a cotton bud.
- It is recommended that you check whether the charger and data cable is fully inserted. If not, please re-plug the charger and charging cable.
- It is recommended that you check and upgrade the system to the latest version in Settings>Software Update, the new version can get a better user experience and system performance.
We all know that batteries are consumables, especially smartphones that consume batteries faster. After an Android phone has been used for one or two years, the battery will naturally age, resulting in the Android battery draining too fast or the Android phone won’t charge.
This is a normal phenomenon, but it will not slow down the charging. Or your Android phone is a new one, but charging slowly, which means that there is some problem with the Android phone that needs to be solved in time.
What Causes Android Phone Charging to Slow?
There may be the following reasons for the slow charging of Android phones or Android not charging:
- The charger or data cable is not plugged in correctly.
- Slow charging because the charging port is not clean.
- High ambient temperature and slow charging when the phone is hot.
- Slow charging because of charging while using.
- Android System issues may cause the phone to charge slowly.
7 Different Ways to Fix Why Is Phone Slow Charging on Android
Method 1 of Why is Phone Slow Charging? Check if the Android Phone Charging Port is in a Good Connect.
Sometimes in a hurry, we directly plug the data cable into the mobile phone and ignore if it is in a good connection when there is a charging prompt. Such charging is prone to a problem, that is, the cable cannot be fully inserted into the mobile phone, so that fast charging mode may enter the normal charging mode, which will cause the problem of slow charging. When charging, please ensure the adapter, data cable, and mobile phone charging port are in a good connection.
- Try to Charge Your Phone
Method 2 of Why is Phone Slow Charging? Check Your Cable and Clean the Dust of the Charging Port Regularly.
The Android phone is exposed for a long time in a dusty environment, causing dust to enter the charging port. If you often put your phone in your trouser pocket with the charging port facing down, it is easy for the charging port of your phone to get dusty. After dust enters the Android phone, it will block the charging port, which will also slow down the charging of the Android phone.
Please check whether the connectors and sockets are clean. If there is dust, please wipe it with alcohol or clean it with a brush. If there is debris inside, please use small tweezers or gently blow to remove it.
Method 3 of Why is Phone Slow Charging? Fix Android Phone From Why is Phone Slow Charging by DroidKit
If you cannot fix phone charging slow issue with the above methods, then you can try an Android System Repair solution before going to the retailer. This tool is DroidKit, which can help you solve Android phone problems with ease like the Android recovery mode not working, your Samsung phone is on but the screen is black. Check the features of DroidKit as below:
Fix various Android OS problems, including Samsung tablet black screen, touch screen not working, apps keep crashing, etc.
- The only solution that works on both Windows and Mac computers to repair Samsung phones.
- All models of Samsung phones and tablets are supported.
- No need to root your device and no technical skills are required.
- Except for system repair, DroidKit also provides you the solutions on Android data recovery, Android lock screen removal, Samsung data extraction, FRP bypass, etc.
Now, follow the steps below to revive your dead device in a few simple steps:
- Step 1. Get the latest version of DroidKit
Android System Repair on your computer.
- Step 2. Launch DroidKit, connect your Android device, and tap the Fix System Issues panel.
- Step 3. Once DroidKit detected your device, click the Start button to continue.
- Step 4. DroidKit will match the PDA code of your Samsung Device Automatically.
Note: If there is no matching PAD code, you need to put your device into recovery mode and get PDA code.
- Step 5. After the firmware is downloaded, click Fix Now button.
- Step 6. Put your device into download mode.
- Step 7. Once finished, it will automatically start repairing your Android system.
After completing the repair process, you will get the system fixed successfully page as below. All the system issues fixed and your Android device will be restarted.
Method 4 of Why is Phone Slow Charging? Avoid Using Phone While Charging.
If you often use your Android phone while charging, the part of the current input by the charger needs to offset the power consumed by the screen and other hardware during use. This results in a decrease in the current for charging the battery and a slower charging speed. In addition, using the phone while charging will cause the temperature of the mobile phone to rise, and the charging speed will be further slowed down due to the thermal protection mechanism of the mobile phone.
- Try to avoid using your phone while charging, especially for high-power consumption applications, such as playing games and watching videos.
- Avoid charging Android phones in high temperatures or direct sunlight environments.
- It is recommended to turn off your Android device when charging.
- Avoid Using Phone While Charging
Method 5 of Why is Phone Slow Charging? Turn off Connectivity Features.
Cellular data, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and NFC are called the connectivity features on your Android phone. They use the dedicated hardware given on your phone to work, which causes increased battery consumption and reduces the net charging rate. Therefore, you can try to turn off these connection functions when charging your phone to speed up the charging process.
Method 6 of Why is Phone Slow Charging? Enable Airplane Mode or Power Saving Mode.
- Turning on the phone’s aeroplane mode can prevent harassment, but it can actually speed up charging.
- When the phone turns on the power saving mode, it will limit the background activities of the application, stop synchronization activities, and weaken screen brightness, so that the charging will be relatively faster. Of course, it will be faster to turn off the device.
- Open Power Saving Mode
- Open Power Saving Mode
Method 7 of Why is Phone Slow Charging. Choose the Right Power Adapter.
Unsuitable chargers or adapters will slow down the charging speed. If used for a long time, it will cause damage to the mobile phone’s battery.
- Try to use the original power adapter, in addition, you can choose a third-party brand fast-charging adapter that suits the fast-charging specifications.
- For the data line, the length can be kept at 1m.
- If your Android phone supports 9V/2A or 4.5V/5A fast charging, but you are using a 5V/2A charger, then the charging can only reach 10W power, and the mobile phone charging will naturally slow down.
- Choose Original Adapter
The Bottom Line of Why is Phone Slow Charging
The above are all the methods to solve the problem of Android phones charging slowly. Hope it can help you. If you have any other questions about Android phones, please leave a message in the comment area and communicate with us.