Many-a-times, you must have felt the need to access a computer that you don’t have a physical reach to, remotely. Since this is the 21st century, data privacy is also a major concern. So many bad guys hunting for your data! In short, you can’t just use any software. This need has created yet another type of computer software grandly referred to as Remote Desktop Software. And if you searched google for The Top 10 Best Remote Desktop Software in 2020 and stumbled upon this article, then you’re in luck.
Top 10 Best Remote Desktop Software in 2020.
TeamViewer is both free as well as paid depending on your intention for using it. It is among the best remote desktop software. TeamViewer is dedicated to connecting people, places and things, by defying all physical barriers. With great encryption techniques and safety protocols, data privacy and secrecy is guaranteed. With its IoT capabilities, you can also use it for DIY projects too.
- It has great encryption and safety protocols.
- It is free for personal use.
- Provides cross-platform support for smartphones, laptops, and desktops.
- Supported across multiple operating systems like Windows, Linux, and Mac.
Business License: This plan costs $49 per month. In it, One licensed user can initiate device connection one session at a time.
- Access & Control Computers Remotely.
- Custom Branding.
- Managed Devices- Up to 200.
Premium License: This plan costs $99 per month. In it, Multiple licensed users can initiate device connections, with 1 session open at a time.
- Customized Device Information.
- User Access Reporting.
- Remote printing for Mac & Windows on any printer.
- Managed Devices- Up to 300.
Premium License: This plan costs $199 per month. In it, Multiple licensed users can initiate device connections, with 3 sessions open at a time.
- Managed Devices- Up to 500.
- Multiple Concurrent Connections.
- Mass Deployment.
- Pre-Built Software Integrations.
2. Chrome Remote Desktop
Chrome Remote Desktop by Google provides secure access to your computer from a tablet, phone or another computer. What’s most exciting about this one is that it offers the security of Google without any charge.
- Developed by a highly trusted brand, that is, Google.
- Excellent safety features.
- Free of cost.
- Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux as well.
- Utilizes VP8 video encoding.
- High performance over low bandwidth connections.
- Also available on Android and iOS.
3. VNC Viewer
VNC Viewer one is best suited for all the DIY geeks. The software facilitates the construction of IoT based projects. Supports Windows, Mac, and Linux along with Raspberry Pi, Android, and iOS. You’ve got support for literally everything! Also, one of the best remote desktop software.
- Simple UI.
- Direct and Cloud Connectivity.
- Intuitive Remote Control.
- File transfer, printing, and chat.
- Secure by design.
- Virtual desktops under Linux.
- 256-Bit AES session encryption.
- 30-day free trial.
Professional: This plan costs $3.34 per month. It is suited for individuals and businesses.
- 24/7 attended and unattended access.
- Cloud connections only.
- Discount for volume.
Enterprise: This plan costs $4.59 per month. It is suited for large organizations.
- 24/7 attended and unattended access.
- Cloud and direct connections.
- Remote deployment options.
- Discounts for volume.
4. Zoho Assist
Zoho Assist developed by Zoho is an online cloud-based remote support and remote access software that helps in accessing remote computers from a distance through the web. A few seconds is all that’s required to set the software up.
- Trusted by great brands like Hitachi, MG, Ola, Tata and OnePlus.
- Outsourced IT and MSP support.
- Allows file transfer.
- Provides support for multiple monitors.
- Has options for controlling the quality of your remote screen.
- 15-day free trial; no credit card required.
Standard: This plan costs $8 per annum. The cheapest one till now!
- Transfer of files.
- Navigate between multiple monitors.
- Screen Capture Facilities.
- 2 connections allowed simultaneously.
Professional: This plan costs $13 per annum.
- Support for Mobile Apps (iOS, Android).
- Provision for Screen Sharing.
- 4 connections allowed simultaneously.
- Scheduling of Sessions.
Enterprise: This plan costs $21 per annum.
- Recording of sessions.
- Remote Printing Facility.
- Management of Contacts.
- 6 connections allowed simultaneously.
Splashtop allows users to access and control their favorite apps, files, and data via their mobile devices. It is also used by teachers around the globe to facilitate interactive learning. With over 30+ million users and 800+ million sessions, Splashtop is certainly of the best remote desktop software out there.
- Fast and reliable desktop connection facilities.
- All remote desktop sessions are encrypted with TLS and 256-bit AES.
- Easy to deploy, using a command-line interface.
- It is specially designed for MSPs, IT, and service providers to remotely support their client’s computers and servers.
Solo: It costs $60 per annum.
- Limited to 1 user and 2 computers.
- Remote access
- File transfer
- Remote print
Pro: It costs $99 per annum.
- 10 computers per user.
- Option to buy more users.
- Includes all features of Solo plus multi-monitor support.
- Share desktop.
- Remote reboot.
AnyDesk allows to establish a connection with a computer remotely, be it from the other end of your house or the other side of the globe. Also, it is free if you intend to use it for personal purposes. It is one of the best free remote desktop software. For commercial purposes, the software is paid, the details of which are given further down below.
- Multi-platform support is provided.
- Easy collaboration and communication.
- Easy file transfer within the software itself.
- Small in size, only 3 MB.
- Fully customizable.
Lite: It costs $10.99 per month. Best suited for small businesses or freelancers.
- Remote Printing.
- Transfer of files.
- Remote control using a mobile.
Professional: It costs $20.99 per month. Ideal for medium-sized businesses with volume needs.
- Address book.
- Additional users.
- Session Logging.
- Unlimited Devices.
Power: It costs $52.49 per month. Great for organizations that need more concurrent sessions.
- Unlimited Concurrent Sessions.
7. ConnectWise Control
ConnectWise Control by ConnectWise lets you remotely access and take full control of devices anytime and from anywhere. Once again, the worthy nomination for the best remote desktop access software.
- It is fast.
- Highly reliable.
- Proper security protocols to ensure data privacy.
- Simple UI provides an uncomplicated workspace.
One: It costs $24 per month.
- The session limit is 1.
- A remote toolbox facility is provided.
- Mobile technician support.
- Brand and customization options.
Standard: It costs $42 per month.
- Allows up to 3 sessions per user.
- Remote command-line interface.
- Supports iOs and Android Clients.
- Expanded chat options.
Premium: It costs $54 per month.
- Allows up to 10 sessions per user.
- Reporting Dashboard facility.
- Connectwise’s feature- ConnectWise View.
8. Remote PC
The software has been developed by IDrive. With pro-grade features and excellent reviews from tech reviewers like Business.com, eWeek, and TechRadar. Remote PC is certainly one of the best remote desktop software out there in the market.
With features similar to the above ones, let’s head straight to the pricing.
- Consumer: It costs nearly $2 per month.
- Platform Independent (Supports Windows, Mac, and Linux).
- Always-ON remote access.
- Equipped with AR-powered live video sharing.
- Provision of a whiteboard.
Enterprise: It costs approximately $32 per month.
- Grouping of computers.
- Roles and access permissions for users can be set.
- Feature of remote reboot.
- Options to organize groups.
GoToMyPC among the best remote desktop software owned and managed by Citrix Systems. The software enables you to work more efficiently.
- Total mobility.
- Total freedom.
- Hard to beat easy remote access.
- 7-Day free trial.
Personal: It costs $35per month.
- End to end encryption.
- File transfer and sync.
- Free support round the clock.
Pro: It costs $66 per month.
- Proper administration of accounts and users.
- Switching between users is easy.
- Comprehensive reporting.
Corporate: It costs $140 per month.
- Equipped with a dedicated account manager.
- Working on LAN is possible.
- There can be more than one administrator.
It is a light, simple but yet, affordable, one of the best remote desktop software. Radmin provides reliable support for all the software pros.
- Extremely high speeds.
- Free 30-day trial.
- All transferred data is protected with AE256-bit encryption.
The best part about this software is that its absolutely free for you to download. Pretty awesome! This also adds it to the bucket list of the best free remote desktop software.
Those were our picks for the best remote desktop software. The list also included the best software for remote desktop and the best remote desktop software for Mac. Which one did you like the most? If you’re looking for just a software that does the job just fine and does that for free, you ought to go with TeamViewer, AnyDesk or Chrome Remote desktop.
On the contrary, if you’re hunting for pro-grade features at reasonable prices, you have so many to choose from this list of the best remote desktop software. Lastly, these were just suggestions and are not absolute. You’re free to use any which serves your motives!