The craze for gaming among youth is increasing. Every day new gaming gadget is coming on the market with new and advanced features to fulfil the demands of the game-loving generation. Every day developers are introducing new games which require some advanced and upgraded systems to support the game. Therefore, there is a need to upgrade computers, laptops, phones, etc., to play these games.
One such gaming laptop is the Asus Rog FX503 which is best known for its graphics quality and next-level display feature. It is often considered to be a gaming laptop under budget for game lovers. With a premium look and powerful processor, this laptop is surely one of the most exciting gaming laptops on the market. Here we will discuss in detail the features of Asus Rog FX503.
A laptop user is sure to get impressed by its premium looks. The laptop looks very attractive and premium because of its awesome built quality. Fine quality plastic has been used on the exterior and back of the laptop. With a Matt finish, Asus FX503 has one of the best looks among other gaming laptops of the same range. It is specifically designed for playing high-end games and gives the gamer a next-level gaming experience.
Also Read: Clevo NH70 : Laptop Review
- Features of Asus Rog FX503
- Battery Backup
- Drawbacks of Asus FX503
Asus FX 503 has standard dimensions which are considered common in any gaming laptop. It has a length of 38.4 cm, breadth of 26.2 cm and thickness of 2.4 cm. The laptop weighs approximately 2.6 kilograms. With these dimensions, Asus Rog FX503 is a standard laptop.
Features of Asus Rog FX503
- The laptop comes with an Intel i7 7700HQ 7th generation processor and 16 GB RAM is typically designed for gaming usage.
- It has a display of 15.6 inches with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 which brings out high definition clarity of what is displayed on the screen.
- It has an NVIDIA 1050 graphics card specifically made to support high-range games which require top-level performance of graphics.
- It has a 1 TB hard disk storage capacity with a 128 GB SSD.
- The LED backlight of the device is awesome and sure to give a different experience of gaming.
- The display is enhanced with 60 Hz 1060 quality support.
- The sound systems of the device are also very satisfactory and are likely to produce the desired sound effects while gaming.
- The discussion is incomplete without speaking of the keyboard of the laptop. The keyboard comes with LED keys with a key depression of 1.8 millimetres. Using the keyboard for a long time is very comfortable and can be a good plus point for this laptop. The touchpad is also the best in class.
- The battery of the laptop is a 64-watt hour lithium battery.
The laptop has a 4-cell 64-watt hour battery which takes about 2.5 hours to get fully charged. Speaking of the Backup, it has a standby time of about 10 hours, and while in normal use, it can give a backup of about 7 hours. While gaming, the laptop gives a backup of only 1 hour. This is one of its major drawbacks. One needs to keep the laptop connected to the power cable while gaming.
Coming with a Windows 10 operating system, Asus Rog FX503 has both Bluetooth and wifi connectivity along with a LAN connection port on the left. It also has an HDMI port along with 3 USB ports, one headset port and a charging port. It also has an SD card connection port on the right side of the laptop. Headsets, microphones, joysticks, etc., can be easily connected to the laptop.
Drawbacks of Asus FX503
The first drawback of the laptop is its screen brightness. Even with a maximum level of brightness, it is not reaching the desired level of light needed. Other gaming laptops at similar price ranges have greater levels of brightness. At lower brightness levels, it is often difficult to play some high-end games. The second drawback is the battery backup which is very less and one needs to keep the power cable connected while gaming. While gaming it provides only 1 hour of battery backup.
Another major drawback is the laptop’s plastic quality on the screen. It is on a lower side and the screen is often seen slightly moving while pressing keys on the keyboard. The cooling mechanism of the laptop needs to be worked on. While playing some high-range games for a long time the device gets heated up quickly and the cooling fans inside are unable to cool the device.
Lastly, the Webcam and the inbuilt microphone of the laptop are not of the best quality and are unable to record good quality video and sounds.
The Asus Rog FX503 is certainly one of the best gaming laptops in the market. With its amazing display features and top upgraded hardware setup, this laptop is a serious competitor to other gaming laptops. The manufacturers should only consider providing a better battery setup to get longer backup and should also look into the brightness issues of the display. Shortly, the company is sure to look into this matter. Other than that, game lovers are sure to fall in love with this device.
1. What is the cost of an Asus Rog FX503 laptop?
Asus FX 503 gaming laptop costs about 1000 USD on most online platforms.
2. What is the battery used in the laptop?
The laptop has a 4-cell 64-watt hour lithium battery which takes about 2.5 hours to get fully charged.
3. What is the RAM of Asus Rog FX503?
Asus FX 503 has 16 GB RAM typically designed for a better gaming experience.
4. What is the maximum resolution of the Asus FX503 laptop?
The Maximum resolution of Asus Rog FX503 is 1920 x 1080.
5. What is the battery backup of Asus Rog FX503?
The Battery backup of this laptop is a major disadvantage of the device. It has a standby time of approximately 10 hours but while gaming it gives only 1 hour of backup.