Technology is one of the fastest-growing things in today’s time & it shows no signs of a slowdown anytime soon. No matter how smart or updated you are, there are still many technological advancements that you won’t know about. There isn’t any shame around the things you don’t know or don’t understand. If you are not sure about “how to enter bios windows 10 on startup” then you are at the right place.
For computer security related, check out https://secureputer.com/
Not knowing something is not a sin, at least not in the age of the internet. The Internet has answers for nearly every possible question or query. It’s usually normal to not be able to figure out something like entering bios on your computer. Every new update in Windows comes up with many unknown changes. But on this one, we got your back.
How to Enter BIOS Windows 10 On Startup?
Before you get to know about entering BIOS, you should know more about BIOS. As the name describes. its Basic Input/Output System, it deals with most of the things on your computer. BIOS is the first thing to start as you give your computer power & its first job is to initialize the hardware.
Certain settings of your computer can be regulated or changed only in the BIOS. All in all, without BIOS, your computer is like a body without a soul. Changing anything in the functioning of the operating system is only possible through BIOS.
Are you trying to figure out how to enter bios windows 10 on startup? As the usual way of F1 or F2 is no more effective when the startup is too quick on the device. In Windows 10, one can enter BIOS through Windows Settings through a device restart.
Different Functions BIOS Perform In Your Computer Device
As soon as you start your computer, the BIOS performs many important functions to perform. All of those functions are briefly mentioned below:
- The first task your BIOS performs is to ensure that the hardware is working fine so it can load the Operating System.
- After ensuring the functioning of hardware, it starts to locate the Operating System. Once located, it passes on the command to the Operating System.
- BIOS works as the interface between the hardware components and the Operating System of the computer.
- BIOS works alongside the Operating System to help different computer programs with whatever information they need about another program.
The work of BIOS is not limited till the initial functioning of the computer. It works like a heart pumping information like blood around the places.
Entering the BIOS on Windows 10 Through Start Menu
One can enter the BIOS on Windows 10 through Windows Settings with few basic steps, which are followed below.
- The very first thing you are required to do is open the start menu.
- Find the sign of Windows Settings on the bottom left corner of the start menu; click on it to reach Windows Settings.
- On the Windows Settings page, the last option is the ‘Update & Security’; open that.
- A sidebar will pop up with options from Windows Update to Windows Insider Program. Find the option of ‘Recovery’ and click on it.
- Now you will see an option of ‘Restart now’ in the Advanced Startup section of ‘Recovery.’ This will reboot your computer and will take you to a new menu.
- In this new menu, you will find the option of ‘Troubleshoot’, click on it.
- Now you have to open ‘Advanced options’.
- In ‘Advanced options’, you will find ‘UEFI Firmware Settings’. Open it & click on ‘Restart’; then, after the restart, you will be in your computer’s BIOS setup.
The above steps will lead you to the BIOS setup through Windows Settings when you are already logged in to your computer.
How One Can Enter BIOS Setup through Startup?
As your main query was to know how to enter bios windows 10 on startup, but you didn’t get your answer yet. Don’t lose hope; there’s a way to reach BIOS setup on startup in Windows 10 as well. For that, you need to reach the proper startup of your computer, which is done through similar steps mentioned above. Just follow the below steps to reach BIOS setup on startup.
- When you reach the ‘Advanced options’ in the ‘Troubleshoot’ menu, choose ‘Startup Settings’ instead of ‘UEFI Firmware Settings’.
- When the computer is restarting, press the F1 key or F2, which will lead you to the BIOS setup.
- Now change whatever you desire to change and restart your system once you are done.
Similar : How to Install an SSD in PC and Laptop.
FAQs| How to Enter Bios Windows 10 On Startup
How Can I Enter BIOS on My Acer Laptop?
On an Acer Laptop, you need to press F2 as soon as the first logo is visible after powering on your system.
How to Open BIOS Setup on an HP Laptop?
After turning on your computer, keep pressing the Esc key till you reach the Startup menu. When you are in the Startup menu, press F10, BIOS setup will open.
Why Can’t I Reach BIOS Setup On Windows 10 on Startup?
This is happening probably because your device is manufactured in recent years. Computers manufactured in the last five years have trouble accessing BIOS through Startup as their startup is way too quick.
Many users of earlier versions of Windows, like Windows 7, have trouble opening their BIOS setup in Windows 10. Many of them have had this query of how to enter bios Windows 10 on startup? Around the time Windows 10 was launched, all the devices which were manufactured had a quick Startup. This was done to make the computer’s working and processing really fast and smooth for the users.
I believe there is nothing much to share about entering Windows 10 Bios but if you have any doubts or queries then shoot it in the comment section below.