In this article, you are going to find out how to delete doordash account. Deleting your DoorDash account will not automatically deactivate your DashPass subscription, so make sure you cancel that if you plan to deactivate. Maybe you have too many delivery apps on your phone.
Maybe it’s your New Year’s resolution to cook more at home. No matter the reason, deleting your DoorDash account is easy and can be done in just a few simple steps. However, you can’t do it through the mobile app. You have to log in to your account on a web browser.
Before deleting for good, DoorDash also gives you the option to download your data, which includes order information and receipts. It’s also important to cancel your DashPass — DoorDash’s subscription service where users get unlimited free deliveries on orders over $12 for $9.99 a month — before deleting.
What is Doordash? How to Delete Doordash Account?
DoorDash is one of the most popular food and grocery delivery services around, bringing hundreds of thousands the convenience of eating out from the comfort of their own homes.
However, high fees and service charges and the tendency to opt for generally unhealthy options mean that you might not want to depend on home delivery regularly and, in some cases, even completely close your account. Here’s how to delete DoorDash account.
Can I delete my account on the DoorDash app?
No, you can’t delete your account using the app. The only way to manage your DoorDash account is by logging in to the website.
What happens when I delete my DoorDash account?
When you delete your account, DoorDash will permanently remove your information and all related customer data. If you want to hold on to data like your billing information, receipts of all your orders, and customer support logs, you will have to download them first.
Log in to the DoorDash website, click on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner, and go to Account > Manage account. Under Account data, click Request archive. Enter the six-digit verification code you get on your linked mobile number and confirm your selection.
DoorDash mentions that the archive creation process can take a few days. You can check the Manage account section or wait for them to email you once it’s ready.
You will also lose any existing credits or gift card balances, so you might want to use them before permanently deleting your account. DoorDash will not refund any pending available balances. Don’t forget to also cancel an active DashPass subscription.
Method 1 Requesting Account Deletion: How to Delete Doordash Account?
Step 1: Method 1 Requesting Account Deletion:
- Go to https://help.doordash.com/consumers/s/contactsupport. You can use either a desktop or mobile web browser to cancel your DoorDash account.
- If you just want to cancel your DashPass subscription, see this method.
- If you’re a Dasher, the process is the same except you need to remove all your scheduled shifts from DoorDash.
Step 2: Method 1 Requesting Account Deletion:
- Fill out the Contact Us form. You’ll see a fillable form on the left side of the page while the right side of the page has answers to frequently asked questions.
- Enter your full name, email, and phone number. You’ll need to provide accurate information here so the DoorDash customer service team can find your account.
- Choose Account Settings for Category.
- Choose None for Subcategory.
Step 3: Method 1 Requesting Account Deletion:
- Click Submit. You’ll find this orange button below the form. This submits your request to DoorDash. A representative will contact you once your account is cancelled.
- The representative may request further information before cancelling your account. Answer any questions promptly to ensure your account is deleted quickly.
Method 2 Cancelling Your DashPass Subscription: How to Delete Doordash Account?
Step 1: Method 2 Cancelling Your DashPass Subscription:
- Open Doordash or go to https://www.doordash.com. You can cancel your DashPass subscription from the website or mobile app.
- If you have a monthly subscription, you have to cancel 1 day before the renewal date to avoid being charged for another month.
- Once you cancel a monthly subscription, you can continue using DashPass features until the final date in the current billing cycle.
- If you cancel a yearly subscription before using DashPass, you’ll receive a full refund. If you’ve used DashPass at all, you will not be eligible for a refund.
Step 2: Method 2 Cancelling Your DashPass Subscription:
- Tap ☰ or the account icon. A menu will expand.
Step 3: Method 2 Cancelling Your DashPass Subscription:
- Tap or click Manage DashPass (mobile) or DashPass (web). You’ll see information about your DashPass subscription, such as when it’s renewing and when you signed up.
Step 4: Method 2 Cancelling Your DashPass Subscription:
- Tap or click End Subscription.
Step 5: Method 2 Cancelling Your DashPass Subscription:
- Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm your cancellation. After confirming the cancellation, you can continue using DashPass through the last day of the current billing cycle. You will not be billed for DashPass again.
Reasons To Delete Your Doordash Account: How to Delete Doordash Account?
No doubt Doordash is a huge company in the United States. They are single-handedly responsible for 56% of the customers in their sector.
This put the company in a unique position to dictate monopolistic policies in the food delivery business and have security issues with the information about their customers and delivery partners. A lot of people did not like these policies and are the primary reason they are quitting.
In May 2019, the company announced that the data regarding its customers, delivery partners, and merchants that was supposed to be private and secured was compromised due to a technical error. People who had made accounts with the app till April 2018 were affected by this data compromise.
Poor Treatment of Delivery Workers:
In the same year, in July, Doordash found itself accused of withholding its delivery partner’s tips paid by the customers. Doordash knowingly withheld the tips paid by the customers by routing the money first to the company accounts and making sure it covered the guaranteed minimum amount required to pay the driver.
Once that requirement was fulfilled, the company would then pay the remaining amount to the delivery driver. This unfair policy brought a class-action lawsuit against the company for a “materially false and misleading” tipping policy and had to be forced to revise this policy after a settlement payment of 2.5 million dollars.
Poor Treatment of Restaurant Partners:
If all this wasn’t enough, again, in April 2020, Doordash used its monopolistic power to force the restaurant to sign contracts that contained clauses that would not allow them to increase the food prices on their menu.
It had to be the same for both dine-in customers and delivery customers. This meant they had to subsidize the cost of delivery themselves on top of paying 13 to 40% of the bill amount as Doordash fees. This was too much of a burden on the restaurants since their margins are almost always less than 10%.
Hence, too many customers decided it was time not to be associated with such a company that fleeces the very people it relies on for its business.
Alternatives To Doordash: How to Delete Doordash Account?
Once you have gone through with deleting your account, you might want to find a better alternative to their service and be confused as to what to choose. Following is a list of apps that are just as good as Doordash.
Uber Eats is one of the most famous food delivery alternatives to Doordash. It has partnered with over 350,000 different restaurants and has services in over 500 cities.
It gives you preferences based on the food you have ordered, but you can choose to search based on offers, cuisines, delivery times, and more. Uber Eats also claims that their average delivery time is around 30 minutes.
The other alternative you have is PostMates. It is a food delivery service currently operating in 4200 US cities. The company has ties with over 500,000 different restaurants across the country and allows delivery 24×7 as long as the restaurant in question is still open.
PostMates also has a subscription scheme wherein orders placed over $15 have no delivery fee and are not affected by surge pricing during difficult delivery schedules.
This is the third delivery partner on our list. GrubHub offers food in more than 2700 U.S. cities and has ties with over 140,000 restaurants across the country.
You can search based on delivery times, ratings, pricing, distance, and even delivery time. It allows different payment methods and has a promotions program that lets you earn cashback and reward points.
Final Thoughts on How to Delete Doordash Account?
Doordash might play a monopoly in the food delivery business, but it is no secret that it has been losing customers every day lately. Its poor service and controversial policies have made it difficult for it to retain its number 1 position in the market.
If you wish to how to delete your account forever or use customer service to deactivate it, both can be done through different means via the Doordash website and not their mobile app.