In this article you will get to know how to get voice chat on roblox. As of Nov. 10, 2021, Roblox officially released its special voice chat to everyone over the age of 13 who has successfully completed their age verification process.
What was originally created and developed as a beta in February of 2021 has slowly been distributed throughout the site. Roblox is a hub of countless games which players enjoy from around the world.
However, there are some titles that are best played with friends, and this is where the voice chat feature plays a significant role. For games like Roblox Community Space, Mic Up, and Flex Your Account Age, the voice chat feature significantly enhances the experience.
Fortunately, our guide has everything to know on how to get voice chat on Roblox in no time. Your Roblox experience can get even better if you start using promo codes in games.
These codes give you a headstart over other players by rewarding you with various in-game items. To find out how you can participate in Roblox’s special chat, continue reading below.
Read Article: About Xbox One Power Cord
Verifying your age on Roblox: How to Get Voice Chat on Roblox?
As nearly half of Roblox’s player base consists of users over the age of 13, how to properly manage the safety of younger users has remained a concern.
In a blog post, Roblox stated that the spatial voice feature will only be accessible to those who have verified that they are over the age of 13.
By doing this, Roblox believes they are protecting the more impressionable users on the platform from potentially inappropriate content or experiences unfit for a younger audience.
In order to verify your age on Roblox you’ll need the Roblox app, as access to a phone camera is required. Users can simply snap a photo of their driver’s license, passport, or ID card which will then be scanned by Roblox’s photo processor for authentication purposes.
After this scan is complete, users will be asked to take a selfie in order to prove “liveness” and “likeness”. Photos from a camera roll will not be allowed due to their more static nature, so be prepared to get your photo face on!
Roblox uses “liveness” to ensure that you’re a living and breathing person, as silly as that may sound, and “likeness” to verify that you are the same person who appears in your submitted picture.
This entire photoshoot process shouldn’t take more than a few minutes. Verifying age in Roblox may seem to be a lengthy process, but in reality, it’s quite simple. However, if you’re unfamiliar with it, just follow the steps listed below: How to Get Voice Chat on Roblox?
- Log into your Roblox account.
- Click on the Settings icon located in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Click on the Account Info tab.
- Underneath your birthday, click the button that says “Verify My Age “.
- A popup will appear on your PC flashing a QR code.
- Scan this QR code with your mobile device.
- You’ll then be directed to “roblox.com/verify” where you need to start with the age verification process.
- Click on the Start Session option and follow the instructions as indicated. You must remember that you need to allow the camera access in this step.
- Scan your ID document. If there is a barcode on the back, scan and capture an image of the back of your ID.
- Then you’ll be asked to capture a selfie. This selfie will be used to ensure that you are the same person as the one on your photo ID.
- Once the verification is complete, you will see a pass or failed result. This step may take a few minutes, so you need to be patient.
Now that you’ve verified your age, it’s time to activate the feature in the platform. Roblox is available on both PC and mobile and the voice chat feature can be enabled on both of them.
Roblox Voice Chat requirements: How to Get Voice Chat on Roblox?
Roblox devs have clearly stated in their blog post that you need to be at least 13 years or older to use the voice chat feature in games. To verify your age, here’s everything you’ll need to get: How to Get Voice Chat on Roblox?
- The Roblox app.
- Driver’s License/Passport/ID card.
- Access to the phone’s camera.
Enabling voice chat in Roblox: How to Get Voice Chat on Roblox?
Once you’ve verified your age, voice chat can be toggled on and off within the setting menu. On PC, look for the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner, then from the drop-down menu click Settings.
From settings, locate the Privacy tab from the menu on the left. On mobile, locate and click the circle with three dots in the bottom right-hand corner. You’ll then need to scroll until you see the cog icon.
Once you do, click it and then click Privacy. Clicking on this tab will open your privacy options on both PC and mobile. Under the heading Beta Features, you should see the text Enable voice chat and a small button.
Clicking this button will toggle voice chat on—when done the button will turn from grey to green. At the moment, there doesn’t appear to be a way to toggle voice chat from an Xbox—so you’ll need to have access to the Roblox app or website in order to turn it on or off.
Roblox Voice chat rules: How to Get Voice Chat on Roblox?
As of now, there’s been no official statement regarding what can and can’t be said over voice chat. Currently, swearing receives no form of punishment or censoring by Roblox—this will more than likely change however as the kinks continue to be worked out.
Where to use voice chat in Roblox: How to Get Voice Chat on Roblox?
Whether you view it as unfortunate or not, not every Roblox experience will feature voice chat compatibility. The decision is completely up to the individual game developers as to whether or not they want to allow it. If you’re looking for a game to try out voice chat, Mic Up appears to be the current favourite.
How to set up Roblox voice chat on PC? How to Get Voice Chat on Roblox?
- Log into your Roblox account.
- Click on the Gear icon in the top right corner and a drop-down menu will show up.
- Then click on Settings and locate the Privacy tab on the left.
- From there, enable the voice chat feature.
How to get Roblox voice chat on Mobile? How to Get Voice Chat on Roblox?
- Locate and tap on the circle with three dots in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Scroll down until you find the cog icon.
- Tap on it and then select Privacy.
- Enable the voice chat feature from there.
That’s it! You should now have the feature activated on both PC and Mobile. With voice chat enabled, you’ll be able to enhance your experience in many Roblox games.